IRS Form W-9
Thank you for your interest in joining our Board of Judges.
As a judge, you can assist other staffs while you take an in-depth look at publications from different parts of the United States. Many of our current judges remark that this experience has been an invaluable aid to them as advisers. You'll see what other advisers and staffs are dealing with and help guide them along using CSPA standards.
We ask you to critique a set of four (4) publications during a five (5) week period of your choice between May and Christmas. Each evaluation should take several hours to complete. As you know from receiving our scorebooks, we have very detailed criteria. We ask that comments be written to explain all criticisms and praise positive aspects of the publication.
We will be happy to work with your summer and academic year schedules. If you are only available during a certain month, we will send the publications according to your schedule.
The honorarium is $50 per publication.
FOR PDF ENTRIES: we will electronically send you:
- ► a link to the folder/file for each publication you've been assigned. You should be able to access/view the file through your Web browser OR download the PDF entry to your computer for review.*
- ► a link to the judging survey for each publication you've been assigned
- ► an assignment link detailing the name/number/ZIP code of the publication(s) you've been assigned in the KALO task management system. Your due date will also be listed here.
*Please note that many of these files will be large in size and might take some time to load in your browser, and will take much more time to download (if you choose to take this step).
FOR HARD COPY ENTRIES:
- ► We use UPS for both sending materials to you and receiving materials from you, so shipping is “on us.” Please do not provide a PO Box address for shipments; UPS will not deliver to a PO Box.
- ► Enclosed in your package will be a prepaid return shipping label. Call 1-800-PICK-UPS for pick-up right from your front door. Again, we pay the return shipping costs directly to UPS. You are not required to pay anything.
Because our communication with you is important, feel free to contact us by collect call, by e-mail or by fax with questions or problems.
The scoring guidelines you will use are carefully explained in the Fundamentals series with which you are familiar. Our judging procedures are explained in the Just for Judges guide; after you accept our invitation to judge, we will send you the link to access the judging guidelines on our website.
Please follow the link below to access our online Judges' Enrollment Site. You should also download the Federal Taxpayer Identification form [W-9] (also linked above). Please complete the form, scan it and have it ready to upload to the electronic judging application system. We are unable to pay your honorarum without this completed form.
Also, to comply with auditing guidelines at Columbia University, we are required to ask you to identify any other organizations for which you judge.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s Board of Judges.